Easy Chia Pudding C/O Eating Bird Food
By: Kristi Goode
· 4 Tablespoons chia seeds
· 1 cup almond milk
· ½ Tablespoon maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice*
· ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
· Toppings of choice: fresh berries or other fruit, granola, nut butter, etc
1. In a bowl or mason jar, stir together chia seeds, milk, maple syrup and vanilla, if using. If you’re using a mason jar, you can put the lid on and shake the mixture to combine everything.
2. Once the chia pudding mixture is well combined, let it sit for 5 minutes, give it another stir/shake to break up any clumps of chia seeds, cover and put the mixture in the fridge to “set" for 1-2 hours or overnight. The chia pudding should be nice and thick, not liquidy. If it's not thick enough, just add more chia seeds (about 1 Tablespoon), stir and refrigerate for another 30 minutes or so.
3. Chia pudding can be stored for up to 5-7 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.