HH Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
By: Kristi Goode
Servings: 4 meals
· Air Fryer
For Chicken Parmesan
· 2 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
· 1 large egg
· 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
· 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
· 1 tsp dried basil
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· 1/4 tsp garlic powder
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
· 1/2 cup marinara sauce
· 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil for serving
· 1/4 tsp black pepper for serving
For Garlic Zucchini Noodles
· 1 tsp olive oil
· 8 cups spiral sliced zucchini
· 1 tsp minced garlic
1. Slice chicken breasts in half through the sides to create 4 cutlets. Place each chicken breast between parchment or wax paper and pound to approximately 1/4 inch thick. Lightly beat egg in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and dry seasonings. Stir.
2. Dip each chicken breast in egg shaking off excess and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place 2-3 chicken breasts in basket of air fryer and fry at 350F for 8 minutes. Gently flip chicken and spoon marinara sauce on top followed by Parmesan cheese. Continue to fry for 6-8 minutes longer or until chicken is fully cooked. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3. Heat a olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add garlic. Sauté for 1 minute or until garlic just begins to turn golden brown. Add zucchini noodles to skillet and use tongs to toss. Continue to cook for 2 minutes. Divide noodles between 4 black MPOF containers. Top with chicken breasts and garnish with chopped basil and black pepper.