Spring Lettuce Salad with Roasted Asparagus C/O Food and Wine Magazine April 2008
By: Kristi Goode
· 1 pound medium asparagus
· 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
· Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
· 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 10 ounces mixed spring lettuces
· One 1 1/2-ounce piece of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved into curls with a vegetable peeler
· Step 1
Preheat the oven to 450°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus for about 8 minutes, until just tender and the tips begin to turn brown.
· Step 2
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the mustard and the remaining 1/3 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
· Step 3
In a large bowl, toss the lettuces with all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Arrange the salad on plates and top with the roasted asparagus and cheese curls. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the asparagus and serve.